- Join Community
- Post to Community
- Gift Paid Account
|Posting Access:||All Members|
|Community description:||Memorials to fandom friends who have passed away ...|
Welcome to the Whiteshores memorial community ... This community started life on LJ in late 2016 as thewhiteshores and while it is still there, it is unlikely it will be updated in the future.
Those of us in the Tolkien fandom have lost a lot of dear friends over the years. When the dearest of them all, mews1945, passed away last year, we decided to build a memorial community where we can share stories and sadness and, most of all, our love and affection, which does not pass when they do.
Here is a list of possible things that could be included in a memorial post. This is an early list of thoughts from me (Baranduin) and is just that, early thoughts.
- User Name
- Links to existing archives and journals where they had a presence and might still. So, could be LJs, fanfic.net, the AO3, fandom-specific archives like Many Paths to Tread or Stories of Arda, personal archives that might still be out there)
- When they passed (if known)
- How you connected with them
- Fandoms they were involved in and loved
- Any memories you want to share
- Links to and appreciation of favorite stories or art of theirs
1. Does someone need to have been in the Tolkien fandom to have a memorial post added here? No, not at all! All are welcome.
2. What if there is already a memorial post for someone and I want to do my own rather than just comment? Make another one! It's all good.
1. No trolling.
2. Maintainers decide what that is.
3. For posts including graphics, please only post one outside of a cut, everything else should be under a cut. Thank you!
baranduin, calise, casey28, claudia603, elwendell, febobe, ink_gypsy, juliet316, peripety, primwood, shirebound, shootingstarrrz, suzy, swiftsnowmane